Tuesday 9 October 2007

Tuesday 9 Oct

Today the rain is pouring down. It's Tuesday, that means a lot of work in front of me... There is so much to do, to fix, to sort out. After delievering the bike to service, it took me 3 visits to the Halford's to have it back. (You know one of these places which always say the bike will be ready and then it's not. )

Trying to keep all the enoying things seperated and to not let them influence my life, I'll write a list (inspired by Naiv. Super.)

1.The Bike Issue. As written above, it took me a lot of time and effort to actually get my bike out of that so-called Service Shop. I delievered it Friday and one of the staff, lets call him Gilbert, assured me the bike would be ready 4pm on Monday. 5pm on Monday I enter the shop (after a long walk to be able to get there). Gilbert shook his head and disappoitningly said the bike wasn't ready. He ask me to wait 2 minuits while he fixed it. Realising it had gone 10 minuits I was in a bit of a hurry, espesially because I didn't have the bike to get home in time for dinner. He promised me the bike would be ready by that time tomorrow. Tuesday 16.30 pm I am tired after a looong day, but walking towards Halford's which is a walk of an hour. Shop closed 17.30pm, and as I get there 17.32, the same Gilbert cannot give me my bike even though the bike is standing there!!!! Argh. Yet another day I have to survive without my friend, the bike.
The temporary end of the bike is quite happy. Thursday, I hurry in after college and the staff reconises me (even though Gilbert is not there..) and I can finally cycle home to 11 Hobgate.

Me and my bike were perfectly Okay until yesterday when I parked it outside Tesco's while I shopped dark rye bread and crisp bread. When I came out, the front was buckled, and no longer perpendicular to the rest of the bike, which I assume a row of trollies did when bumping into the bike. The story of me and my happy bike didn't last forever...



Living In York, I realise there is a lot to fix and I this month I have been busy trying to sort things out. Here is a list of what I have accieved so far.

I have:

  • got a bike (including light, locker and service)
  • joined Jazz Band and a flute group at College
  • joined Ashtanga yoga (each Monday)
  • found dark bread
  • swopped from English Law to Philosophy
  • got a little job, which is ended....
  • registered at dr. Wallace
  • found a driving teacher who can speak norwegian!!
  • bought waterproof trousers (very needed here!)
  • got some English friends
  • done a lot of researching so that I can easier live here. (such as cycling around in York and get to know the place. And such as getting all these Member Cards ;York Library Card, National Railway Card and Tesco member card)
  • planned trips to Bristol and Edinburgh (bought tickets and so on.)

Smaller, but nevertheless done. I Have:

  • watched my first rugby-match at the local pub, the Fox
  • got English friends at facebook!

Lists are to be continued...

I think therefore I am!

1 comment:

Halvor said...

Hey, kul blogg da! Skal legge opp en link til min naar jeg bare faar internett hjemme... Og jeg fikk postkort! Jippi!